The Fire Safety Order (FSO) applies to all non-domestic premises in England and Wales. The Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005 came into effect in October 2006 replacing over 70 pieces of fire safety law. The order applies to common parts of blocks of flats and houses in multiple occupation (HMOs).
Legislation applies to you if you are:
– Responsible for business premises
– An employer or self-employed with business premises
– Responsible for a part of a dwelling where that part is solely used for business purposes
– A charity or voluntary organisation
– A contractor with a degree of control over any premises
– Providing accommodation for paying guests
Under the FSO, the responsible person must carry out a fire safety risk assessment and implement and maintain a fire management plan. This is where Salvum can help, we can survey the premises and comply thoroughly with the current legislation providing your company with risk assessment and implement the appropriate course of action.